It is a pretty pearly shimmer card, with silvery tones, with a slate ink. I am wondering if I could opt for a dark blue ink. I could add a ribbon, and maybe even print a map card. I could add an envelope liner - maybe navy and white stripes, or a monotone map.Or... I could print our names on a liner, or type "You're invited" and "RSVP" on the liners. I am hoping inspiration will roll in with the samples!
Our engagement pictures arrived, and are absolutely gorgeous!
Had a few revelations after being at a family wedding this past weekend.
- Be clear with the girls that I want them all getting ready with me.
- Proactively think of things for the Lind girls. Consider "Sister of the Groom" shirts... but then what for Bethany? Iron on shirts for everyone involved. Cheap ones. Real cheap.
- Make sure people have the schedule. Have a point person, that is not me or Tim. No cell phones.
- Make pictures as painless as possible.
- Nobody missed the garter or bouquet toss.
- Bride and groom kicked off reception w a toast (Jameson).
- I always miss the guest book. Maybe put it at the card table instead of at the door.
- Be intentional w getting ready pics. Stage the room. Must have a suite.
- The morning after brunch was such a great end to the weekend. On one invitation design I saw Adieu Donuts. It doesn't need to be formal, just some coffee, bagels, and doughnuts go a long way. Can we fit this in the budget?